This 30 hour course is designed to make students safer, more knowledgeable drivers. They will learn all of the driving rules, and apply many of them to actual driving situations.
Upon completion of the course (and some outside studying), students will be prepared for the permit test.
- Text Book (given on day 1)
- State Manual (given on day 1)
- Notebook & Pen
- Classes meet after school from 2:30 - 5:00 p.m. in room 416.
- Students must attend all twelve sessions (State of Minnesota Law).
- Most students will have conflicts with other co-curriculars during this course. Please check with the coach/moderator and compare dates.
This course is a Pass/Fail course based on the following attendance of all 12 sessions and completion of all required work.
Obtaining a Minnesota Driver's License, Requirements and Important Notes
- Register and pay for the classroom portion of the driver education course.
- Attend all 12 classes and do all required work.
- Pay for the behind the wheel portion of the driver education course.
- Take and pass the State of Minnesota permit test given on last day of class. Student must be at least 15 years old on testing day.
- Student MUST have a certified (raised stamp) birth certificate and I.D. card with him/her on testing date.
- An eye test will be given during the written exam.
- If student is 14 on testing day, or if a 15 year old student fails permit test, a BLUE CARD (classroom completion card) will be given to him/her and he/she will then need to test at the local testing center at their convenience.
- Students who pass the permit test will need to go to a local testing center to pay the fee and have their picture taken. They will then receive their temporary paper permit until the plastic card arrives in the mail.
- Inform Mr. Glynn that you are ready for behind the wheel training.
- Finish six hours of behind the wheel training required by the State of Minnesota. This includes three behind the wheel outings at two hours each.
- Receive WHITE CARD (behind the wheel completion card).
- Practice and develop driving skills.
- Make a road test appointment at your local testing center.
- Arden Hills 651-639-4057
- Plymouth 952-476-3042
- Anoka 763-422-3401
- Pass the road test.
2018-2019 Fall Class Dates: September 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27; October 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9
2018-2019 Winter Class Dates: January 23, 24, 28, 29, 30, 31; February 4, 5, 7, 11, 13