Lent at Totino-Grace
Lent is one of the major liturgical seasons of the Catholic Church that begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Holy Thursday. During this season, our global and local faith communities are invited in a particular way to embrace God's mercy in our lives and share that mercy with the world around us. We are reminded through our Lasallian charism to be models of the gospel in preparation for Easter.
Totino-Grace offers a number of opportunities for TG families and community members to partner with us during the Lenten Season. We invite you to explore the resources and opportunities shared below and participate in our community events and initiatives.
Join us as we are guided by God's call to pray, fast, give, act, and connect.
- Message of the Holy Father Francis for Lent 2021
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) - Reflect, Repent, Restore
- Archdiocese of Saint Paul & Minneapolis Lenten Resources
- Lasallian Lenten Online Retreat
- Midwest District Prayer Resources
- What is Lent? Video by Ed Sirois, La Salle Academy, Providence
- Saint Mary’s Press: Holy Week in 2 Minutes
- Pauses for Lent - 40 Words
- The Significance of Ash Wednesday with Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Catholic Spirit: Why do we receive ashes on Ash Wednesday?
- Busted Halo - 25 Things You Can Do for Lent
Meditations by St. John Baptist de La Salle
- Meditation for Ash Wednesday
- Meditation for the First Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for the Second Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for the Third Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for the Fourth Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for Passion Sunday
- Meditation for Palm Sunday
Worship and Sacraments
- Ash Wednesday Mass – Wednesday, February 17, at 8:15 a.m. Live Stream on TG YouTube Channel
- Weekly Mass – Tuesday mornings at 7:40 a.m. Live Stream on TG YouTube Channel
- Weekly Student-Led Prayer – Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:45 a.m.
- Reconciliation – Tuesdays from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. (students sign up via Google Form)
- All School Stations of the Cross – TBD
Events and Opportunities
Family Lent Activity: The Bible In A Year Podcast
We invite you to explore Ascension Press' Bible In A Year podcast with Fr. Mike Schmitz, featuring Jeff Cavins (TG past parent) as a family opportunity during Lent. In the free podcast, "Fr. Mike Schmitz walks listeners through the entire Bible in 365 episodes, providing commentary, reflection, and prayer along the way. With this podcast, you won’t just read the Bible in a year … you’ll finally understand how all the pieces of the Bible fit together to tell an amazing story that continues in your life today!" source