- Message of the Holy Father Francis for Lent 2019
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) - Praying. Fasting. Alsmgiving
- What is Lent? Video by Ed Sirois, La Salle Academy, Providence
- Saint Mary’s Press: Holy Week in 2 Minutes
- Our Sunday Visitor
- Pauses for Lent - 40 Words
- Lasallian Lenten Reflections
- The Significance of Ash Wednesday with Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Catholic Spirit: Why do we receive ashes on Ash Wednesday?
- Busted Halo - 25 Things You Can Do for Lent
Meditations by St. John Baptist de La Salle
- Meditation for Ash Wednesday
- Meditation for the First Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for the Second Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for the Third Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for the Fourth Sunday of Lent
- Meditation for Passion Sunday
- Meditation for Palm Sunday
From the Districts
Worship and Sacrament Opportunities
- Ash Wednesday Mass – Wednesday, March 6, at 8:30 a.m.
- Weekly Mass – Tuesday mornings at 7:00 a.m.
- Weekly Student-Led Prayer – Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:10 a.m.
- All School Reconciliation – Friday, March 29
- All School Stations of the Cross – Thursday, April 18, at 7:35 a.m.
Pray - Fast - Give
Daily PA Prayers
- Student Ministers and Respect Life students will lead a Lenten prayer each morning
30 hour Famine - Tuesday, April 9, at noon to Wednesday, April 10, at 6:00 p.m.
- Morning Prayer on Wednesday
- Empty Bowls Community Event (More Information to Come) - Wednesday, April 10, at 6:00 p.m.
Sock Drive: Wednesday, March 6 - Friday, March 15
- Bring in a brand new package of socks. All brands, styles, colors, are accepted as long as they are in their original package. Try to get calf length, thicker socks (remember, it is cold/wet in MN)
- We will accept socks before school by the front doors or during lunches
- Exchange your package of sock(s) for a ticket(s)
- Friday during lunches, redeem your ticket for a designated pair of socks to throw - You will receive a specified ticket to place in the socks in order to identify them as yours.
- If you are unable to bring in a package socks, on Friday, March 15, during lunches you can purchase a pair of socks to throw for $2.
- At end of the day convocation on Friday, throw your pair of socks into a barrel for a chance to win a $25 gift card of your choosing. There will be two winners. One per barrel.
- You are allowed to throw more than one pair of socks during the sock toss!
2020 Events and Opportunities
Wednesday, March 11
An Evening with TG Chaplain Fr. Zipp
Tuesday, March 24
Lenten Parent Retreat
Friday, April 3
Feed My Starving Children Family Night
Monday, April 6