In order to protect our community members and maintain a healthy environment, Totino-Grace High School will follow and enforce Minnesota's Stay Safe Plan and recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health to the best of our capabilities.
2021-2022 School Year Guidance
Click HERE for weekly COVID-19 updates.
Totino-Grace COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations are outlined below and based on current guidance from the Minnesota Department of Education as of late July. Guidance could change based on further direction from the state.
In-Person On-Campus Learning
- All students will return to in-person learning five days a week; there is no online option offered this year.
- Modifications may be made for students who test positive for COVID-19 during the school year.
- School field trips and travel opportunities will resume.
- TG has seen an increase in positive COVID-19 cases in our school community. This data prompted our decision to revert to masks until further notice.
Health and Safety Protocol
- TG will practice cleaning and sanitization methods aimed to protect students and staff. Hand sanitizing stations will remain throughout the building.
- Health screening and hand hygiene promotion will continue.
- Distancing is not required and there are no group size limits (assemblies, concerts, indoor and outdoor athletic competitions, etc).
- This could change based on state guidelines and/or conditions within the school.
- TG school health aide, Mrs. Gail Kosiol, should be notified if a student experiences COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19.
- If not vaccinated, students/staff will be asked to quarantine or isolate following a confirmed case of COVID-19 in their household.
- Totino-Grace will not conduct contact tracing initially unless circumstances require.
Vaccinations and Testing
- COVID-19 vaccinations and testing for COVID-19 are not required for students but are strongly recommended.
- TG will offer COVID-19 testing for students and staff on campus throughout the school year.
- COVID-19 vaccination details should be sent to Mrs. Gail Koshiol in the Health Office to be added to student health records. Please include the product name (Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson and Johnson) and the date of vaccination(s).